I recently came across this series: http://www.intranetjournal.com/sharepoint/
Current how to articles:
In Part 1 Paul Schaeflein, begins his series with a look at the history, features, and applications of Microsoft’s SharePoint portal server.
- Part 2 looks at the basic installation of a corporate intranet and some basic customization options.
- Part 3 shows you how to build a searchable telephone directory for your intranet, complete with partial name search.
- Part 4 describes a method for integrating a legacy Web application inside a SharePoint site.
- In Part 5, you will learn about managing SharePoint content with the Content Editor Web Part.
- In Part 6, Paul provides a solution to automate the linking of documents in a Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) document library to the Quick Launch navigation feature.
- In Part 7, Paul continues to showcase content entry solutions that help end-users post content to a SharePoint site with minimal technical assistance.